AVAILABILITY OF RESOURCES FOR TEACHING PRACTICAL AGRICULTURE SCIENCE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS
Background of the study
Resources can be described as facilities materials and equipment used in promoting practical projects on the fields and classroom. Resources can also encompass the supply of an asset to be used when needed, available assets, strategies for dealing with difficulties and the ability to funds such strategies. Resources can be classified as human resources, materials resources and physical resources. Human resources are the custodians of other learning resources. They include the school personnel capable of improving and administering the other learning resources and community resources. In other words, they are the professional who coulder words, they are the professional who could be invited to the school to give a career talk or lecture on their professions or trade. They are professional trained and certified media specialist whose functions according to Landers and Myers (1977) are:
- To plan and develop media programme in the school system.
- To co-ordinate the selection, processing and distribution of textbooks.
- To plan and develop instructional systems, including computer instruction.
- Maintain an inventory of all materials and equipment.
- Provide maintenance services for instruction equipment.
Materials resources include the following:
- Printed and reference materials such as text books, encyclopedias, dictionaries, comics, microfilm, newspapers, magazine, government document, teachers guides and duplicated materials.
- Graphic materials such as graph charts, diagrams, cartoons, posters, maps and globes.
- Display materials such as cloth boards, bulletin boards, chalks board, flat pictures, magnet boards and flannel boards.
- Project materials such as movies films 2×2 slides, 35mm filmstrips, television, video-tapes, overhead and transparencies.
- Audio and other visual materials such as radio telephone, computer, records, tape recording, real thing (models) and painting.
Physical activities includes: the classroom which are regarded as the pupils’ temporary homes and their immediate learning environment. The classroom must be made comfortable, colourful, clean and educational with suitable furniture provided. Also the school library which serves as an instructional and self-development centre, Well equipped laboratories and other specially designed areas to serve as house collection for materials; areas for reading listening and viewing materials; area for processing materials and equipment; areas for video and audio tapes production and duplication, graphic arts and photography; areas for equipment, inventory and for the maintenance and repairs of equipment as well as areas for in-service workshop session.
Practical can be defined as the method of acquiring basic skills and knowledge through the arts of doing things, or action carrying out physical operation on the fields. Practical is a class or examination in a science or technical subjects in which students do things rather than just write or talk about them. Practical is also known as an important skilled job for which a lot of training is necessary. Practical in Agriculture can be explained to be devices and teaching aids used to carry out the jobs in the areas of farms fields and laboratories test.
Resources for teaching practical agriculture in school has been of great value for practical Agriculture teaching process. It is for this reason that agriculture education has so much expended into a pragmatic study to varied farm implement as well as mode of application in promoting teaching process and to the numerous farmers of all time. The agriculture science is a subject that requires a lot practical work. Iwuanyanwu (1986) revealed that practical agriculture is being neglected in secondary schools because of lack of resources in teaching various aspect of agricultural science. Therefore students leave school without acquiring skill in practical agriculture because teachers rely much in the use of lecture methods in teaching practical agriculture.
Purpose of the study
The major purpose of this study was to examine availability of resources for teaching practical agriculture in secondary school in Ondo- State
Specific purposes of the study
The study sought to:
- Examine the resources available for teaching practical agriculture in the secondary school.
- Call for the rest……07064961036
FOR COMPLETE PROJECT MATERIALS, CALL 07064961036
» Bank Branch Deposits, ATM/online transfers (Amount: ₦3,000 NGN)
|Bank: FIRST BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 3116913871 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 OR Click Here|
|Bank: ACCESS BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 0766765735 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 Click Here|
|Bank: HERITAGE BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 1909068248 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 Click Here|