THE IMPACT OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION AND MORAL AWARENESS ON SECONDARY SCHOOL
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problems
1.3 Purpose of the study
1.4 Research Questions
1.5 Research hypotheses
1.6 Significance of the study
1.7 Delimitation of the study
1.8 Definition of terms
- 0 REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
3.1 Research design
3.2 Population for the study
3.3 Sample and sampling procedure
3.4 Research Instrument
3.5 Validity of the instrument
3.6 Reliability of the instrument
3.7 Administration of the instrument
- 8 Data analysis
4.0 Results and discussions
5.4 Limitation of the study
5.5 Suggestion for further studies
FOR COMPLETE PROJECT CALL 07064961036
This study is undertaken purposely to find out the “impact of religious education and moral awareness on secondary school in Ikere Ekiti”. The research work was carried out among the student and teachers of secondary school in the area.
The findings revealed that religious and moral awareness can be promoted and emphasized in the school curriculum, when religious organization are allowed to take up programs that can help improve religious education and moral awareness in secondary school.
Five research questions were raised and questionnaire was the main instrument used in carrying out the research a total number of 150 respondents were randomly selected for the study. The questionnaire was analyzed through frequency courts and percentage.
The studies discuss the various factors that hinder the progress of religious education and moral awareness at the secondary school level. Various suggestions and recommendations which would be of help to put an end to the inadequate religious and moral awareness in secondary school were raised.
Enough religious education teachers who were well trained should be employed with attractive salary.
Parents should be trained to take proper care of their children, as many children have developed non-challant attitude towards the training of their wards whether morally or educationally. The bible says; the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.
There should be provision of necessary text books for teachers and students in the school as this would help a lot in teaching and learning of religious education in our schools.
Parents and teachers behave well in the society because these children will emulate any behaviour exhibited by parents and teachers because they regards them as saints.
- Background to the study
Every society across the world believes that religious education and moral awareness play a dominant role in behavioural setting.
Since majority of people associate child bearing with god and goddess there is no doubt that religious sentiment has crept into the issue.
The degree of moral decadence is a concern to deal with people in the society. In the name of civilization, the moral standard of the people has fallen. If we go into the family level, the example of such moral decline would be found. Children are disobeying their parents and elderly ones. The fulfillment of a saying has come in our generation “but children will curse their fathers and will not bless their mothers. They are not cleansed of their filthiness. Their eyes are full of lusts and their eye lids lifted high”.
Coming down to the school, no doubts, the degree of indiscipline in Ikere is worries-some. There are disobedience at all levels. Some are vandals, many of them have formed bad companies and have their characters corrupted. Crimes, such as smoking, drinking of alcohol, examination malpractices, truants, bully and a host of others. In their immoral practices among the matured ones, many have been shamefully put into family ways.
This study have been critically design to look into this. It is based on comprehensive observation of people’s idea and views. It is a comprehensive study that analysed advantages as well as the limitation of moral education.
1.2 Statement of problems
Christian religious knowledge like other subject is expected to teach morals to students within the school environment and outside the school system. But for sometimes now the behavior of students in secondary school. If not the entire educational sector has remained disappointing, this development has become worrisome to many parents, people are now wondering what moral instructions students are now receiving in the schools in attempt to correct this, the Ekiti state university called for the teaching of the impact of religious education and moral awareness on secondary school students in Ikere-Ekiti.
Keeping in view the above rationale, a study was conducted to find out the impact of religious education and awareness on secondary school students. More also, teachers of Christian religious knowledge always draw and stress the moral lesson each topic taught from the subject of Christian religious study.
- The purpose of the study
The study has been designed to look into the religious education and moral awareness of students in Ikere-Ekiti. To know how the students behaviours affects the growth of learning and teaching. The study will find out the impart of lack of religious education and moral awareness on secondary school students. It is to study the role which religious education and moral awareness can play in the life of secondary school students.
- Research questions
This study will attempt to answer the following questions.
- To what extent has religious and moral awareness allowed to be taught in secondary schools?
- To what extent has the students behaviour affected their religious and moral?
- What definite roles can the education and moral awareness play in secondary schools?
- Research Hypotheses
Following null hypotheses were tested by the investigation.
- There is no significant increase in moral development of children without religious education with growing age.
- There is not any significant difference in moral development of children having no religious education and having one-subject religious education in formal schools during each age level.
- There is no significant difference in moral development of children devoid of religious education and having all subjects religious education in Ikere-Ekiti secondary schools at each age level?
- There is no significant effect of one subject religious education on the moral development of children during early childhood, childhood and adolescence?
- There is no significant effect of (complete) all subjects religious education on the moral development of children during three age stages.
- There is no significant difference in moral development of children having one subject religious education and having all subjects religious education at each age level.
- There is no significant difference in the moral development of male and female children.
- Significant of the study
Moral and character building is the major aim of education. Therefore, all of our educational policies have placed religious education at vital position and our education system has been imparting religious instruction since its inception. However, at present, the intensity of religious education in our country has become a hot issue nationally and internationally. Moral development of children through the subject Christian religious study and complete religious education given in Ikere-Ekiti is under question. The syllabus are being changed frequently. It is the need of time to investigate whether religious education is supporting the moral development of children and what is the difference between moral reasoning of students of private and public schools. In addition, the researches relating the religious input to the moral development at different age stages are during the previous century in Ekiti and also in the world. The study will add to the knowledge in the field of education, sociology and social psychology and will bring to light the dimensions of moral development with the interaction of age factor and the intensity of subject matter. The study is thought to be significant in the following areas:
- The study may be helpful for curriculum developers in religious studies for:
- Selecting the suitable religious subject matter and concepts appropriate to the age of students.
- Removing the deficiencies of curriculum, which lead to the gap between knowledge and practice.
- To exploit the optimal age for religious learning and moral development.
- It will help teachers and practitioners in religious studies.
- To adopt appropriate strategies to inculcate moral values in the classroom and evaluate the affective and behavioural output of students at three age stages.
- To control social problems stemming from moral disorders on the part of students by suggesting appropriate religious subject matter during early childhood and adolescence.
- It will contribute to the sociologists and educationists to correspond age and moral behavior at different stages and understand the causes of moral disorders and social problems.
- It will provide related information for researcher scholars interested in moral development and religious studies.
1.7 Delimitations of the study
The study was delimited to:
- Government schools for the students studying one subject religious education.
- Ten moral concepts as: truthfulness, sincerity, patience, honesty, kindness to others, courage, just and generous behavior towards parents and the elderly, poor and needy, enemies and mankind generally.
- Definition of terms
MORAL: This is a standard of behaviour about right and wrong.
EDUCATION: Is a development of character and mental power.
AWARENESS: Having knowledge or realization of the gravity of the situation.
CHARACTER: This means mental or moral qualities that make one person or race different from others.
CHARITY: This is the care of one’s fellow human being.
VALUE: The degree of importance or goods that is considered to be a fair equivalent for something else.
» Bank Branch Deposits, ATM/online transfers (Amount: ₦3,000 NGN)
|Bank: FIRST BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 3116913871 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 OR Click Here|
|Bank: ACCESS BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 0766765735 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 Click Here|
|Bank: HERITAGE BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 1909068248 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 Click Here|