APPLICATION OF COMPUTER NETWORK IN EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION IN TERTIARY INSTITUTION
This is the application of computer network in effective communication in the College of Education, Ikere – Ekiti is based on effective dissemination of information via the application of computer networking. It is purposely designed to enable various users of computer to have access to the same information at the same time on a network. The use of computer network has become popular that in next millennium virtually every business concern, organization, institution home and financial institution shall be on computer network for fast dissemination of information. The best method to discuss this project work is to enumerate the advantage of computer network service over that of another communication media.
The finding shall emphasis on the uses of computer network to all sound and sundry of the college. The methodology to be implemented shall involves creating computer networking. Analysis of the existing system and the proposed system shall not be left out.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of content
- Background to the study
- Statement of the Problem
- Purpose of the study
- Significance of the study
- Scope of the study
- Limitation of study
- Definition of terms
- Contribution to knowledge.
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
- Early method of information transmission
- Modern method of information transmission
- Computers and information technology
- Network Configuration
- Modes of Transmission
- Types of Transmission
- Modes of processing data
- Problem of the existing system
- The proposed system
- Advantages of the proposed system
SYSTEM DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Network design
- Software and Hardware requirements
- The necessary requirements
- Implementation of the proposed system
- System testing
- Background to the study
In recent times, messages sent to people and business associates traveled hundreds of kilometers before finally getting to their destinations. Mailing through the post and other related services rendered by the post office was not effective and dependable. Thus, with progressive advancement in technology, the invention of electronics like: radio, television, telex, telephone, facsimile and E-mail for the dissemination of information was a welcome development due to its advantages over printed materials like: internal memorandum which has been in use within College of Education, Ikere – Ekiti as a case study and other institutional established of our present days.
Of all these, the problem of sending mail and not receiving it at the appropriate time, coupled with the relatively high cost of sending message through these various services further fires the need to seek better ways of sending mails without stress. In addition, information is needed in virtually every field of human endeavour. The advent of computer network today has proved to be very dependable and effective. Since the introduction of this service it has gained a lot patronage world wide.
Since there is need to be an effective communication between people within or outside an organization as the case of College of Education, Ikere – Ekiti. Thus, this implies that, there is need for an effective communication between academic staff, Non – academic staff, various schools of studies (school I – school v), Head of department, Dean of School, Provost Office, Bursary Department, Exams and Records, Security Office, potter’s office and other sub – section. The idea of application of computer network is to improve the former ways of communicating within the college system and immediate environment.
Many people have used the term communication in many ways. At this point we shall discuss computer network kind of communication. The word communication refers to the process of transferring an idea, skill or aptitude from one person to another accurately and satisfactorily. Also, communication is a continuous attempt to share information and ideas with others which involves the transmission of information from senders to receivers and from receiver to senders. Thus, it is a circular process rather than a liner one.
Briefly, computer network is used to transmit information over and within large companies. The use of computer network has become so popular that in the next century virtually every business concern, organization and even homes will not stand without been on network. The design of this project is to improve standard of communication and to enable various users to have access to the same information at the same time on a network.
- Statement of the Problem
The application of computer network in effective communication in the College of Education, Ikere – Ekiti faces number of challenges and problems, no doubt it could be of great importance to locate the extent of these problems and probably solution as this would be of immensurable advantage to the college staffs Exams and records and the College communities.
Many scholars, writers and educators have conducted a numbers of research on the application of computer network in effective communication.
Problem of poor communication system is in the existing system of communication within and outside college community.
The missing in transit of message, misplacement, lost of message by a careless staff through the process of communication.
- Purpose of the Study
This project work on “Application of computer network in effective communication in the college of education, Ikere – Ekiti” is embarked upon purposely to find solutions to the poor communication system and to improve the existing system of communication within and outside college community. Also, to dispel the fear that the people have in the information dissemination from various sections of the college community.
Similarly to introduce the use of computer network into our communication system as to enable various computer users to have access to the same information at the same time on a network. To create room for sending all sorts of information including photographs, audio, and video clips via the use of computer network to maintain an effective communication within and outside college environment due to the fact that, computer network is faster, easier, cheaper and less strenuous, thus business and other establishment can have a better alternative to conventional mail and message, even the recipient is not around the message is always intact.
In addition, other purpose is to prevent the act of tearing way of pasted letter and internal memorandum on the notice board. To prevent the missing in transit of message, misplacement, lost of message by a careless staff through the use of computer network. To create room for immediate reply of message without delay.
Lastly, to be able to recommend through findings and adoption for further research, the effective ways of communication within and outside college communicate via computer network.
The following hypotheses, stated in null form were generated for testing in this study.
There is no significant difference between the attitudes of computer application and effective communication.
There is no significant difference between the application of computer and Telecommunication.
There is no significant difference between the application of computer network in effective communication of the departments and that of all sections of the college.
There is no significant difference between the application of computer in college of education, Ikere – Ekiti and world – wide.
- Significance of the Study
This study is significance because of the following points.
The study will reveal, find and confirm the efficiency and adequacy of using computer network in information dissemination within various sections of the college. Since the use of computer network is faster, easier, cheaper and less strenuous, information dissemination will now be efficient and adequate.
Other significant of the study include effective communication with the use of computer network will give the staffers of the college opportunity to know about the latest happening within, outside even world – wide. Since the computer network users have access to the same information via networking.
- Scope of the Study
The following are the scope of the study on application of computer network in effective communication in the College of Education, Ikere – Ekiti.
- The findings shall emphasize on the use of computer network to all members of the college system.
- Definition of various terminology involved in the line with computer network shall be made known to all staffers of the college.
- Invention of computer network including service shall be catered far as to improve the former means of dissemination of information across the college.
- All sections and departments in the College shall be linked together through networking.
- Analysis of the system including problems of the existing system shall be solved.
- The methodology to be implemented to bring and improve our communication system shall be adequately catered for; Also area of proper system documentation and adoption shall not be left out.
- Limitation of the Study
This study would be limited to the college of education, Ikere – Ekiti in Ikere local government area of Ekiti State.
- Definition of Terms
We shall consider the following definition under this project research.
- Communication: Is the process of transferring an idea, skill or aplitude from one person to another accurately and satisfactorily.
- Communication Channel: This can be defined as a path for the transmission of a signal (usually electrical) between two points.
- Channel: Is also refers to as a line, circuit or link of course, not all channels are the same or transmit signals at the same speed.
- Mode of Transmission: This is refers to as the manner in which the characters of message are transmitted. Mode of transmission are Synchronous, Asynchronous and Isochronous.
- Protocol: This is a predetermined procedure or route used by sending and receiving units to ensure that they communicate properly.
- Computer Network: This is the inter – connected collection of autonomous computers. Two computers are said to be interconnected. If they are able to exchange information via a communication medium such as cables, microwaves or satellite between them. Two computers are autonomous when there is no master – share relationship between them.
- Local Area Network (LAN): Is an electronic communications networks that uses private branch exchanges (PBX) or other local communications facilities such as long distance links or satellite communications.
- Wide Area Network (WAN): It can be explained as interconnect computer on separate cities or countries. An example of WAN is hole – in – the wall computer.
- Components of Communication Networks: There are size major components most commonly found in a data communications network. They are, communication control unit, terminals, modern, communication lines, multiplies and concentrators.
What motivated me to choose this research topic is that there is no versatile information dissemination in the college of Education, Ikere – Ekiti. Also the existing system is facing many problems like the dissemination of message that is very slow and liable to error and mistake.
Furthermore, proper security of very confidential messages are to be maintained in the existing system of communication in the College of Education Ikere – Ekiti, Ekiti State.
- Contribution to Knowledge
This project work will contribute to knowledge because application of computer network in effective communication in the College of Education, Ikere – Ekiti is embarked upon purposely to find solution to the poor communication system and to improve the existing system of communication within and outside college community.
Also it will be a great advantage for the various computer users to have access to the same information at the same time on a network. It will help in sending all sorts of information including photographs audio and video clips via the use of computer network.
FOR COMPLETE PROJECT CALL 07064961036
HOW TO ORDER FOR COMPLETE PROJECT MATERIAL
» Bank Branch Deposits, ATM/online transfers (Amount: ₦3,000 NGN)
|Bank: FIRST BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 3116913871 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 OR Click Here|
|Bank: ACCESS BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 0766765735 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 Click Here|
|Bank: HERITAGE BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 1909068248 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 Click Here|