FACTORS INFLUENCING TEACHERS EFFECTIVENESS IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS
FOR COMPLETE PROJECT CALL 07064961036
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page i
Approval page ii
Table of contents vi-vii
I INTRODUCTION 1
Background of the study 1-2
Statement of the problem 3
Purpose of the study 3
Significance of the study 4
Scope of the study 5
Research questions 5
Limitation of the study 6
Definition of terms 6-7
II REVIEW OF LITERATURE 8-19
III METHODOLOGY 20
Research Design 20
Area of the study 20
Population of the study 21
Sample and sampling techniques 21
Research Instrument 21
Validation of the instrument 21
Method of data collection 21
Method of data analysis 21
IV PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS OF DATA 22-27
V DISCUSSION OF RESULTS, CONCLUSION, RECOMMENDATION AND SUMMARY 28
Discussion of Result 28-29
Recommendations 29-30 Conclusion 30 Summary 30-32
Suggestions of further research 32
This study investigate factors influencing teachers’ effectiveness in public secondary school in Ekiti State. The study specifically examined problems militating against effective teaching, function of effective teaching and how the management can motivate their teachers’ to carry out their duties effectively. In view of these, three research question and two research hypotheses were formulated; This study employed descriptive research of survey type which comprises in Ise-Ekiti Local Government Area of Ekiti State. Simple random sampling technique was used to select a total of 100 teachers. Questionnaire was used for data collection, validated by supervisor and lecturers in the department of accounting education. These data collected were analyzed using descriptive statistics (percentage & mean) and inferential statistics (t-test) at 0.05 of significance. The results show that factor militating against effective teaching, include dilapidated building, non-payment of teachers salary, lack of instructional materials, school environment and inaprorpraite method of teaching.
FOR COMPLETE PROJECT CALL 07064961036
Background of the Study
Teaching as defined by chambers Universal Learners Dictionary (2004) means guidance or instruction, thus teaching could better be understood as an act which entails the teachers’ guiding and or instructing the learners in the classroom. however the teachers role within the classroom setting goes beyond giving instruction and guiding the learners, he equally has to see to the proper upbringing of the learners as well.
For a teacher to be good, he or she must be a disciplinarian. This suggests that he or she must be disciplined more so that he has to be a role model before the students.
A teacher has to see to the welfare of the learners that are entrusted into his care, hence he or she has to ensure the safety of the learners. To achieve this, the teacher as “Local Parent” has to supervise his or her learners both at work and play.
A teacher can exhibit efficiency in the manner he/she gets things done how he/she manages her class and her time in getting things done. A good example where in a teacher can be called efficient is when he/she always comes to her class and leave on time, with well prepared lesson-plan, instructional materials, engaged time on task, and everything is organized regardless of output or result produced in the teaching learning process.
A teacher is effective when he/she gives her best in teaching and able to make her students listen, learn or aster the skills and turned them meaningful, relevant and applicable in real life situations. She is a teacher who reaches out to her students and can make a difference in their lives.
Recent research reveals that most variation in overall school efficiency is due to classroom level factors. For these reasons it is important to try to identify what makes or influence a teacher efficiently.
1. Economic factor
2. Experience of teacher
3. Classroom environment
4. Subject matter
5. Parental expectation
6. Administrative policies
8. Educational qualification
9. Motivations of the teachers
Statement of the Problem
Teachers ineffective in the schools system could be as a result of the factors such as the lack of instructional materials, inadequate fund, lack of teachers motivation, inadequate qualified teacher which equally brings about poor academic performance of the students and others problem in the schools system like teachers laziness, stress and high tension when teachers are not well motivated, contribute to effective teaching, and if it can be eliminated, then we can have what we called effective teaching in public secondary schools in Ekiti State.
Purpose of the Study
The main purpose of this study is basically to identify those factors influencing teacher effectiveness in teaching and learning process in public secondary schools in Ekiit State. Specifically, the study aimed at the following:
1. To identify the problems working against effective teaching in public secondary schools in Ekiti State
2. To highlight functions of effective teaching that will improved student knowledge at all level in public secondary school.
3. To identify how the management of the public schools motivate their teachers in carryout their duties effectively.
4. To identify how the teachers influence teaching standard on their students in public secondary schools.
The Significance of the Study
The significance of the study will be of benefit and useful to the students, teachers, corporate union, and government who have desire to invest in secondary schools. Among the benefits to the benefactors above are as follow
1. If there is teachers effectiveness in the classroom, it will bring about the student effective academic performance
2. If those factors influencing teacher effectiveness such as regular salary, motivation, trainings etc are properly attempt to, then teachers will be of immense benefit.
3. It will be of benefit to the government in order to know the factors influencing teachers effectiveness in the classroom.
4. It will be of benefit to the corporate union in order to apply the knowledge obtainable to acquainted with secondary schools system
Scope of the Study
The scope of the study covers an empirical examination of the factors influencing teachers efficiency in public secondary schools in Ekiti State, as well as the functions of the teacher; the study equally covers the importance of teachers in our society. the problems facing teachers and prospects or solution.
The following research questions will be used to guide this study.
– What are the problems militating against effective teaching in public secondary schools in Ekiti State
– What are the What are the functions of effective teaching
– How does the management of the public schools motivate their teacher in carrying out their duties effectively
In an attempt to empirically verify the factors influencing teacher effectiveness in public secondary schools in Ekiti State. The hypothesis of the study will be divided into null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis which will be tested below.
H01: Teachers educational qualification does not significantly affect teachers’ effectiveness in public secondary schools
H02: There is no significant effect of school environment on teachers effectiveness in public schools.
Limitations of the Study
Nigeria being an underdeveloped nation is faced with some constraints:
i. Data availability: The accuracy of the result obtained in this study will depends to a large extent on the degree of biasedness reflected in the secondary source of data collection.
ii. The problem of funds which was insufficient in executing the research work.
Definitions of Terms
1. Teacher: Lesson instructor and class manager in school (Okoh 2002)
2. Educational policy: Policy is a statement of government on education
3. Teachers education: The raining and retraining of teachers through further studies in institution of higher learning.
4. Teachers knowledge; information, understanding and skills that teachers gain through education or experience
5. Administration: This is the act of planning, organizing and coordination of human and materials resources in order to implement government policy in secondary school.
6. School management: This is the act of getting things done through others to achieve the school goals.
HOW TO ORDER FOR COMPLETE PROJECT MATERIAL
» Bank Branch Deposits, ATM/online transfers (Amount: ₦3,000 NGN)
|Bank: FIRST BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 3116913871 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 OR Click Here|
|Bank: ACCESS BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 0766765735 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 Click Here|
|Bank: HERITAGE BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 1909068248 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 Click Here|