THE PROFITABILITY OF INVESTMENT IN COCOA BUSINESS IN IFEDORE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ONDO STATE
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
List of tables
- Background information
- Statement of the problem
- Objective of the study
- Significance of the study
- LITERATURE REVIEW
- Agricultural Production Economies
- Agricultural Marketing
- Return on Investment
- Difference Between the Income and Operating cost 9
- Area of study
- Sampling Technique
- Method of Data Collection
- Method of Data Analysis
- FINDINGS AND DISCUSSION
- SUMMARY CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
CALL 07064961036 FOR COMPLETE MATERIAL
LIST OF TABLES
TABLE DISTRIBUTION PAGE
- Gender Distribution of the respondents
- Age Distribution of the respondents
- Distribution showing respondents marital status
- Distribution showing respondents number of children
- Distribution of the respondents according to years of Experience
- Distribution showing respondents level of Education
- Distribution showing respondents Engaged in order Activities
- Distribution of respondents showing amount used to start Business
- Distribution of respondents showing means of Transportation
- Respondents source of capital
- Distribution of the respondents according ownership of store.
- Distribution showing respondents categories of Labour Employed
- Distribution shoeing respondents materials used for marketing Cocoa Beans.
- Membership of co-operative multipurpose union
- Distribution showing respondents way of selling Cocoa Beans
- Distribution showing respondents price Determination by Grade.
Cocoa Marketing is the process whereby ownership of cocoa beans is transferred from grower to the chocolate manufacturer.
Broadly, there are many stages involved cocoa marketing, for instance, in the past, only dried beans were taken to central store where the buyers weigh and pay for the cocoa beans. During the time where cocoa and chocolate were still luxury articles, producer sent their cocoa to Agents in London and other consuming centers where it was sold by auction or by negotiation. Nowadays, marketing is done right from the village.
Cocoa trade is now gurte a big business and thousands of people are engaged and earn their income from it both at the farm level and at industrial processing stage. It is pertinent to recall that cocoa market gained prominence rapidly in Nigeria, such as that in 1965. Nigeria rose to become the second largest exporter in the world. Cocoa contributed to aggregate export earning. Cocoa pod husks find use in the manufacture of animal feed and soap manufacturing. Cocoa fetches the best price in the markets in the month of September and March the following year.
Statement of the Problem
There is scarcity of cocoa beans in the market, given that fact that home based companies are operating at lesser than their capacities. The demand for cocoa beans had of recent pushed up the price given the liberalization of the export. Policy of Government as a result of the scraping of the cocoa board and the price of cocoa beans fluctuars and marketers are complaining of not making reasonable margin.
Normally, if the prices of cocoa beans increase and there is enough return from marketing the beans, more people will be working to engage in its marketing and will improve the marketing efficiency.
Therefore, it is necessary to examine the profitability of investment in cocoa marketing in the study area.
Objectives of the study
The objectives of the study are as follows:
- To identify the demographic characteristics of the cocoa marketers in Ifedore Local Government Area.
- To quantity the cost associated with cocoa marketings.
- To determine the market returns of the business
Significance of the study
The need for production and marketing to enhance profitability of investment in cocoa marketing cannot be over stressed. For the nation to develop – economically, the problem of fluctuation in price of cocoa should not be over emphasized. There should be full support to the industry commensurate which the future potential of cocoa.
Thus, there is a need to embark on the study in order to identify problems associated with profitability of investment in cocoa marketing together with its economics and to look at ways of solving them.
This study will also enlighten those intending to go into the trade the cost involved in the business so as to minimize the cost that will give favourable return to enhance profitability in the venture. Also the study will be beneficial to the prospective investors in the business about the cost involve and the expected return.
HOW TO ORDER FOR COMPLETE PROJECT MATERIAL
» Bank Branch Deposits, ATM/online transfers (Amount: ₦3,000 NGN)
|Bank: FIRST BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 3116913871 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 OR Click Here|
|Bank: ACCESS BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 0766765735 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 Click Here|
|Bank: HERITAGE BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 1909068248 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 Click Here|