SKILL ACQUISITION AS A TOOLS IN REDUCING POVERTY IN NIGERIA, EKITI STATE AS A CASE STUDY
Learning vocational skills helps to ensure food security and rural development both of which are important when fighting poverty.
Skill acquisition strategies must look not only at households but also at communities and territories, as local condition are a key element.
Poverty means than simple low income. It include lack of voice in determine that goes on in one’s community, as well as vulnerable livelihoods foods, insecurity is often a reality of poverty.
Skills development contributes to social and economic integration. Ensuring that the learning needs of all young people and adults are met through equitable access to appropriate learning and life skill programme is one of the six outlined in the Dakar framework for action to achieve Education for all (EFA). Providing training in vocational skills plays an important role in equipping young people and adults with the skills required for work and social integration.
Yet, governments often pay little attention to skills training for youth and adults. Similarly, donors and international organizations often conceptualize EFA narrowly, over-emphasizing formal general education. As a result, progress towards a more comprehensive approach has been show.
In poor countries preparing young people for work often means improving their access to the information sector. More attention is being paid to the informal sector within the framework of training and poverty reduction policies.
In many transition economics too, the informal sector is growing. This movement can be seen as a form of impoverishment, although it represents an important dimension of the economy by providing employment and generating income for the poor and needy. Skill development, together with other social protection measures, can certainly constitute a powerful tool for poverty reduction.
An increasing number of countries are designing innovative strategies in this direction.
Beside the informal sector. The rural economy and particularly agriculture constitutes the main livelihood for the poor. Meaningful skills development programme targeting communities need to be placed within a rural development. Strengthening the skills of rural communities can reduce their vulnerability and help them to cope with new economic and social conditions.
When policy-makers are willing to invest in skills development to reduce poverty, an immediate problem for many low-income countries in the capacity of the delivery system, both in size and relevance.
Implementing a skills development policy to reduce poverty also implies building a system able to meet this specific demand. Adequate incentives and support mechanism are needed to stimulate and improve the training capacity of the non-government provider. Another strategy is to encourage public institutions to target the poor and use new training methodologies.
In order to determine the effective and effective realization of the skill acquisition of poverty reduction in any developing nation, the government needs to formulate a strategic plan in skills development which will serve as the path way in which the nation will take to succeed in its struggles.
This study is meant to examine and highlight the various contributions of skill acquisition to poverty reduction in Ekiti-State (2012-2013) the study will also discover the poverty level in Ekiti-State and how it can be reduce through skills acquisition by both youths and adults in Ekiti Sate
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The following are the problems of the study which necessitate examination into the skill acquisition to poverty reduction in Ekiti State.
- Inavailability of trainee to develop the technical skills of poor farmers and the unemployed youths.
- The inability of the State develops a strategy for poverty alleviation.
- The inability of the manufacturing sector to satisfy the specific needs of the populate which small scale business can reform efficiently.
- The current system of training is inadequate for the sectors potential for revenue creation for the development of skills.
- The inavailability of vocational schools or centres that can respond to the learning needs of local environment and the use of modern learning.
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The broad objective of this study is to examine the rate of skill acquisition for poverty reduction in Ekiti (2012-2013) while the specific objectives are as follows:
- To determine the effectiveness of skill acquisition in combating poverty in Ekiti-State.
- To evaluate the current system of training programmes available in Ekiti-State.
- To develop an efficient and effective strategy for poverty alleviation in Ekiti-State.
- To highlight the constraints of skill acquisition programme in Ekiti-State.
- To determine the responsiveness of the people toward the skill acquisition programme in Ekiti- State.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The finding of this study shall go a long way in aiding researcher and student who would have interest in studying “skill acquisition for poverty reduction in Ekiti-State” the findings will be targeted at examining the area of problems of skill acquisition in tacking poverty and as well make suggestion to solve the problem affecting poverty level in Ekiti-State.
- The study will help in the promotion of environment of both adults and youths in Ekiti-State.
- It will solve the problem of increase in the rate of poverty level in Ekiti-State.
- The study will avail the Government the strategy required for skill acquisition programmes for poverty reduction in Ekiti-State.
- Ho: Skill Acquisition have any relationship with poverty reduction in Ekiti State.
Hi: Skill Acquisition has relationship with poverty reduction in Ekiti-State
- Ho: Skill Acquisition reduces levels of poverty in Ekiti State.
Hi: Skill Acquisition reduces level of poverty in Ekiti-State.
- Ho: Skill Acquisition and poverty reduction does not have any impact on the economy of Ekiti-State.
Hi: Skill Acquisition for poverty reduction has impact on the economy of Ekiti-State.
THE SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The research work is limited to Ekiti-State alone. Also, both primary and secondary data were used in gathering data for the analysis of the research question.
The major limitations of this research work are insufficient time to carryout the research and unavailability of sufficient fund needed for the work.
FOR COMPLETE PROJECT. CALL 07064961036
» Bank Branch Deposits, ATM/online transfers (Amount: ₦3,000 NGN)
|Bank: FIRST BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 3116913871 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 OR Click Here|
|Bank: ACCESS BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 0766765735 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 Click Here|
|Bank: HERITAGE BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 1909068248 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 Click Here|