STUDY HABITS AND THE EFFECTS IN PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN CHEMISTRY
FOR COMPLETE PROJECT CALL 07064961036
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Contents
CHAPTER I: INTRODUCTION
- Background of the Study
- Statement of the problem
- Purpose of the study
- Significance of the study
- Delimitation of the study
- Research Questions
CHAPTER II: REVIEW OF LITERATURE
2.1 The concept of study habits 9 2.2 Study as a learning process
2.3 Types of study activities
2.4 conditions for effective study habits
2.5 Factors that affects student’s study habits
2.6 Solution to poor study habits
CHAPTER III: METHODOLOGY
3.2 Research Design
3.3 Area of the study
3.4 Population of the study
3.5 Sample and Sampling technique of the study
3.6 Instrument for Data Collection
3.7 Validity of the Instrument
3.8 Reliability of the instrument
3.9 Administration of the Instrument/Data Collection
3.10 Data Analysis technique
CHAPTER IV: PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS OF DATA
4.1 Data Analysis
4.2 Discussion of the finding
CHAPTER V: SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5.1 Summary 27
5.3 Implication of the study
5.6 Suggestion for further Research
FOR COMPLETE PROJECT CALL 07064961036
This study investigated the causes of ineffective study habit among chemistry students in College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti, Ekiti State. A questionnaire was designed for collecting data. The questionnaire consisted of nine items which was administered personally by the researcher on seventy-five students randomly selected. The data collected were analyzed using percentage scores. The study revealed that parents, government, lecturers and the students were the factors that contributed to ineffective study habits among chemistry education student in College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti. Based on the findings, recommendation was made on how the students can develop good study habits.
Background to the Study
It has been observed that academic failure among Chemistry Education students has been on a steady increase in recent times because the educational system has failed in the past years to emphasize the effecting study methods students were taught various courses without being taught about the methods of studying each of the courses.
Study habits of the Chemistry Education students is a problematic issue in education because educational agencies have not made it possible to expose students to study skills most lecturers, parents and guardians do not make effort to ensure that students develop good study habits. The common resultant efforts is that most of the students run into problems, it is however worth knowing that many students feel bad about examination failure it is a matter of concern to them. They are usually interested in knowing how to study better because lack of proper study habits leads to low scores, which may in turn cripple one’s career development success in academic courses could depends on efficient study habits.
There are some motivational factors of the school system which could promote good study habits of students, such factors are the lecturers, motivation, guidance and counseling services and functional libraries.
Some students differ in their study habits, some study for a long period while other will only have ability to read for a short period.
There are students by role memory; also there are students who rely on listening to the lecturer’s instruction. Again, there are students who can read during the day while some read only in the night or early in the morning or at anytime.
Bruner (2002) suggested that good study habits increase the leaner’s ability to learn related materials. It fosters on interest in the activity itself rather than in the ward which follow from the learning. Good study habit develop ability to approach problem in a way that will more likely lead to a solution, it makes material that is learned easier to retrieve.
Again, Harman (2003) states that good study habit extends experience and stimulate good method of thinking. It helps to develop standard of appreciation and taste in the selection of materials. It develops the necessary good habits for self-development and success in academic work.
Statement of the Problem
The review of literature reveals that study habit is one of the factors responsible for students’ poor performance
The study therefore seek to determine the extent to which performance of College of Education Chemistry students depend on their study habits.
Also to determine who is more affected out of male and female
Purpose of the study
The major purpose of the study is to investigate study habits and its effects on students’ performance in Chemistry students.
- To find out the extent to which College of Education Chemistry student do private studies after the school
- To find out the strategies to improve the study of the students
- To find out the factors that affect student’s study habit
The following research questions were raised to pilot the study
- To what extent do chemistry students do private studies?
- What are the strategies that could improve students study habit?
- What are the factors that affect student’s study habit?
- There is no significant difference in the performance of chemistry students that do private studies
- There should be adequate study skill which could improve student study habit?
- There is no significant relationship in the factors that affect study habit among chemistry students.
Significance of the study
Good study habits is the secret behind better performance of students in their various examinations
- This research could therefore result in bringing out meaningful and common guideline on study method for students’ academic work
- The result of the study could draw the attention of students, parents, schools and government to the needs of good study habit in College of Education
- The investigation could lead to meaningful suggestions about strategies that students can use to improve their study habits
- The government, parents and student would be able to estimate the possible contributions of poor study habit to failure in academic.
Scope of the Study
This study was restricted only to study habits of chemistry students in College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti, Ekiti State .
This study was therefore restricted to only chemistry students in all the levels parts.
Definition of Terms
Some of the terms used in the study are defined as follows:
- Study Habit: This is an act of learning formed through reputation. A procedure for making learning more effective by frequent repetition. It is also a process of acquiring skill and knowledge that becomes nearly involuntary.
- Academic performance: This is the extent to which the students achieve the systematic training and instrument in the schools. It is also the degree of success in some past learning activities.
- Infrastructural facilities: These are the materials needed for development of good study habits of the student such as library materials and audio-visual materials.
FOR COMPLETE PROJECT CALL 07064961036
» Bank Branch Deposits, ATM/online transfers (Amount: ₦3,000 NGN)
|Bank: FIRST BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 3116913871 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 OR Click Here|
|Bank: ACCESS BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 0766765735 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 Click Here|
|Bank: HERITAGE BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 1909068248 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 Click Here|